Elizabeth Colon Rivera is the Executive Director of Ponce Neighborhood Housing Services, a non profit HUD agency based in Puerto Rico.
Do you want to learn how to buy a house? Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for free.
Top Tips for Buying a Home
What is your biggest piece of advice you can give to someone trying to buy their first home now
- Go to a HUD agency to
- – qualify for a home and understand if you are eligible for any assistance
- – Start saving
- – Check your credit score
- – Get guidance on the process
What have you seen are the top mistakes homebuyers make? How can they avoid them?
- Not matching your income with the target price of your home. Don’t put your finances at risk.
- After buying a home, home improvements also put at risk their finances.
What could help first time home buyers save time?
- Contact us because we can provide education remotely and give you all the information you need before buying your home.
What could help first time home buyers save money?
- Understand the programs that could assist you financially to buy your first home
- Review your wants vs your needs
How can first time home buyers choose the best professionals to work with?
- We can recommend you professionals that understand our clients are families that are looking for homes
Is there anything we can do for you?
- Spread the word about the services that HUD agencies provide
- Facebook Group
- Phone Number: 787-841-5055 or 787-841-5060
1) Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for Free.
2) Go through the most comprehensive How To Buy A House Checklist to make sure you buy your home with confidence without ever missing a step!