Sylvia Alvarez is the founder and Executive Director of the Housing & Education Alliance, a HUD certified housing counseling agency serving over 35,000 Tampa Bay area residents since 2002. She has also Co-Authored a book entitled “The American Nightmare: Strategies for Preventing, Surviving and Overcoming Foreclosure” which she wrote at the start of the foreclosure crisis when there was little to no information for consumers facing foreclosure.
Do you want to learn how to buy a house? Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for free.
Top Tips for Buying a Home
What is your biggest piece of advice you can give to someone trying to buy their first home now
- Please, get educated first. This is my Bible.
- Also go to a HUD counselor to get educated first.
What could help first time home buyers save time?
- Work with great professionals. And please, don’t work with friends and family because you’ll end up not talking to each other!
How can first time home buyers choose the best professionals to work with?
- Ask your HUD counseling agency because we have a list of recommended professionals that we have vetted over the years.
Is there anything we can do for you?
- Yes! Educate yourself first
- You can do that by going to our online course and you can enter this code (HfH50HEA) you will save 50% of the cost. You can access the course here: https://hometrackonline.org/
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
1) Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for Free.
2) Go through the most comprehensive How To Buy A House Checklist to make sure you buy your home with confidence without ever missing a step!