Kristi Stonebraker is a HUD certified Housing Counselor working at Homestead CS, a non profit counseling agency in Lafayette, Indiana.
Do you want to learn how to buy a house? Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for free.
Top Tips for Buying a Home
What is your biggest piece of advice you can give to someone trying to buy their first home now
- Get education, and look for the tools, many times it is free.
What have you seen are the top mistakes homebuyers make? How can they avoid them?
- They don’t do the education part first, and they end up having predatory loans or balloon payments that can end up in bankruptcy.
What could help first time home buyers save time?
- Connect with a really good real estate agent.
What could help first time home buyers save money?
- Look for down payment assistance programs, come banks also offer them.
How can first time home buyers choose the best professionals to work with?
- Ask your friends and family, interview them.
Is there anything we can do for you?
- Keep on spreading the word about getting educated first and about the serciecs that HUD agencies provide.
- Website: http://www.homesteadcs.org
1) Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for Free.
2) Go through the most comprehensive How To Buy A House Checklist to make sure you buy your home with confidence without ever missing a step!