Sheri Houpt is a HUD Certified Housing Counselor for the Housing Partnership of Chester County in Downingtown, Philadelphia. Her primary role is to educate First Time Home Buyer’s on the home buying process.
Do you want to learn how to buy a house? Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for free.
Top Tips for Buying a Home
What is your biggest piece of advice you can give to someone trying to buy their first home now
- Do the education piece first, look at your financial information, and get your savings in order.
What have you seen are the top mistakes homebuyers make? How can they avoid them?
- Not saving money, deferring their student debts, not educating themselves first, not asking questions to professionals, and letting others think for themselves.
How can first time home buyers choose the best professionals to work with?
- To choose your real estate agent,
- – make sure he is local, and has extensive experience in your area.
- – make sure you are valuable to him and that he wants and appreciates your business
- – make sure he is not scared to negotiate
- To choose your lender,
- – choose someone locally
- – as a first time home buyer, choose a fixed rate so that your mortgage expense doesn’t fluctuate
Is there anything we can do for you?
- Use these tips to buy your first home. Save money, and educate yourself.
- If you are looking to buy in Chester Country, Pennsylvania, contact us on
- – Our website: http://housingpartnershipcc.com
- – By phone: 610-518-1522
1) Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for Free.
2) Go through the most comprehensive How To Buy A House Checklist to make sure you buy your home with confidence without ever missing a step!