Devonna McLaughlin has served as the CEO of Housing Solutions, a HUD-approved housing counseling agency, for the past 10 years, where they focus on building opportunities for sustainable, and affordable housing in northern Arizona.
Do you want to learn how to buy a house? Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for free.
Top Tips for Buying a Home
What is your biggest piece of advice you can give to someone trying to buy their first home now
- Go to a HUD agency first because we are an advocate for you!
What have you seen are the top mistakes homebuyers make? How can they avoid them?
- Don’t go shopping until you know what you can buy.
What could help first time home buyers save money?
- Find your local HUD agency because they have programs that could help you save money in your area.
- Use your tax returns or extra paychecks to save for your downpayment or closing costs.
How can first time home buyers choose the best professionals to work with?
- Ask for referrals to friends, family, and co-workers and don’t trust online reviews so much!
Is there anything we can do for you?
- Support affordable housing in your area because there are many benefits for you and it is social justice.
- Website: http://www.housingnaz.org
- Phone: 928.214.7456
1) Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for Free.
2) Go through the most comprehensive How To Buy A House Checklist to make sure you buy your home with confidence without ever missing a step!