Andrea Wilson is the owner of Brick House Realty, a real estate agency based in Cleveland, Ohio where she focuses on helping first time homebuyers buy their first home. She is also the Branch Manager at NID Maple Heights, a HUD approved housing agency that focuses on providing resources for potential new homes owners.
Do you want to learn how to buy a house? Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for free.
Top Tips for Buying a Home
What is your biggest piece of advice you can give to someone trying to buy their first home now
- Do your research. Educate yourself. Take a home buying class. Schedule a free counseling session.
What have you seen are the top mistakes homebuyers make? How can they avoid them?
- Not having a home inspection. Usually people want to save money but this is not a good thing to miss, even if you have a friend or family member that can do it, because you don’t know what issues the property may have, even if you buy a new property.
What could help first time home buyers save time?
- Start earlier in the process, around 6 months before buying your home, because then you can fix any credit issue, and lean the process in advance.
What could help first time home buyers save money?
- Create a budget and put money aside to buy your home, ideally in an account you don’t have access to. Pay attention and reduce expenses on small expenses (like Starbucks, for example) to save for your home.
How can first time home buyers choose the best professionals to work with?
- Ask for referrals and interview your realtor to make sure there’s a match. Also, please don’t work with multiple agents at the same time.
Is there anything we can do for you?
- Get in touch if you are looking for properties in Cleveland, Ohio (East and West). You can also get in touch with our HUD certified agency. I love educating first time home buyers!
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/brickhouserealty/
- Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/shes_a_brickhouse
1) Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for Free.
2) Go through the most comprehensive How To Buy A House Checklist to make sure you buy your home with confidence without ever missing a step!