Christina Tello is a HUD-Certified Housing Counselor and the Assistant Director of Housing Outreach Services with the Affordable Housing Alliance located in Neptune, New Jersey.
Do you want to learn how to buy a house? Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for free.
Top Tips for Buying a Home
What is your biggest piece of advice you can give to someone trying to buy their first home now
- Educate yourself first. Come to a HUD agency first.
What have you seen are the top mistakes homebuyers make? How can they avoid them?
- They come too late in the home buying process, so they don’t end up considering all the good options that they have. This makes them miss a lot of good opportunities.
What could help first time home buyers save time?
- Get organized. Know your steps before hand so that you can keep everyone in your team accountable and know what you are talking about.
What could help first time home buyers save money?
- Budget and get used to paying rent even if you don’t need to, you can put that in your savings account.
How can first time home buyers choose the best professionals to work with?
- Be skeptical, research everyone in advance (realtor, lender, inspector, HUD agency) everyone. Ask questions. Know the steps.
Is there anything we can do for you?
- Get in touch with us to
- start your financial coaching, we are certified
- Know the recovery assistance for Sandy
- Do a money management course
- Phone: 732-389-2958
- Website: https://housingall.org/
- Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/AffordableHousingAlliance/
- Twitter: https://twitter.com/AHA_housingall
1) Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for Free.
2) Go through the most comprehensive How To Buy A House Checklist to make sure you buy your home with confidence without ever missing a step!