Dee Kemp is a Program Manager for Acts Housing, a HUD agency in Milwaukee, Wisconsin that since 1995, has supported more than 2,500 families in becoming homeowners. Dee leads the home buyer counseling department and she specializes in helping low to moderate income families achieve home ownership.
Do you want to learn how to buy a house? Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for free.
Top Tips for Buying a Home
What is your biggest piece of advice you can give to someone trying to buy their first home now
- Figure out your needs vs your wants.
- Also learn to manage your money and save.
What have you seen are the top mistakes homebuyers make? How can they avoid them?
- Not getting professional advice is the top mistake home buyers make. For example, they close credit lines because they think that will improve their credit score, and that does the opposite of it.
What could help first time home buyers save time?
- Talk to a trustworthy counseling agency because we will help you through every step, even shopping for loans for you.
What could help first time home buyers save money?
- Take advantage of the grants and incentives for first time home buyers.
How can first time home buyers choose the best professionals to work with?
- Talk to your HUD agency because we have vetted professionals for every step of the process and interview questions for each of them.
Is there anything we can do for you?
- Don’t talk yourself out of it!
- If you are interested, make an appointment for an orientation.
- Phone: 414-933-2415
- Website: https://actshousing.org/
1) Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for Free.
2) Go through the most comprehensive How To Buy A House Checklist to make sure you buy your home with confidence without ever missing a step!