Eddie Wilson has led successful ventures across the globe, from operating non-profits and owning an ad agency, to investing in hundreds of real estate projects. Today, he is the CEO of the American Association of Private Lenders and Think Realty, the premiere source for real estate tips, strategies and advice.
Do you want to learn how to buy a house? Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for free.
Top Tips for Buying a Home
What is your biggest piece of advice you can give to someone trying to buy their first home now
- Start building a great credit profile early on. Understand how it works. Get a credit card and pay it off every month to create a great credit profile.
What have you seen are the top mistakes homebuyers make? How can they avoid them?
- They get over leveraged as they cannot afford their home payments. To fix that make sure you understand your total new monthly costs.
What could help first time home buyers save time?
- Know what you want. Before you even go to property websites, understand your wants. Then don’t look at any property that doesn’t fit that criteria.
What could help first time home buyers save money?
- Many things!
- Negotiate a refund from your buyer’s agent
- Research title companies as their fees varies
- Ask the seller to cover part (or all) of the closing costs
How can first time home buyers choose the best professionals to work with?
- Find a great agent because he or she will be connected to great professionals. To find this agent ask for referrals, go to Zillow, and look for someone that you can trust. Don’t have friends or family be your agents because you won’t be able to hold them accountable.
- Also, talk to the bank you are already working with because you will have the most leverage.
Is there anything we can do for you?
- Come to Think Realty for tips and tricks on anything related to buying a home.
1) Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for Free.
2) Go through the most comprehensive How To Buy A House Checklist to make sure you buy your home with confidence without ever missing a step!