Beverly Carlton is the President and CEO at Olive Hill Community Economic Development Corporation where she helps others to overcome the obstacles that prevent them from moving forward with their dreams of owning their home.
Do you want to learn how to buy a house? Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for free.
Top Tips for Buying a Home
What is your biggest piece of advice you can give to someone trying to buy their first home now
- Be excited about buying a home but proceed with caution.
- Come to a home buyers education class.
What have you seen are the top mistakes homebuyers make? How can they avoid them?
- Applying for the maximum amount you are qualified to
What could help first time home buyers save time?
- Don’t try to save time or be in a hurry. Take your time
- Attend a home buying class.
What could help first time home buyers save money?
- Shop around for lenders
- Come to a home buying class
- Get information about first time home buyer programs
How can first time home buyers choose the best professionals to work with?
- Ask them questions. Interview them!
Is there anything we can do for you?
- If you are interested about buying a home in North Caroline attend one of our courses that you can find here: https://www.ohcedc.org/homeownership-education.html
1) Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for Free.
2) Go through the most comprehensive How To Buy A House Checklist to make sure you buy your home with confidence without ever missing a step!