Stephanie Collins is the Director of Social Services & Housing at Center in the Park Senior Center. Scott Winfree has 20 years of experience in the field of Housing Counseling and has a wealth of knowledge and experience with helping families purchase homes, as well as save homes from foreclosure.
Do you want to learn how to buy a house? Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for free.
Top Tips for Buying a Home
What is your biggest piece of advice you can give to someone trying to buy their first home now
- Don’t begin until you are ready to buy a home because you will get discouraged. To be ready, educate yourself, get your credit straight, save money, and research loan products.
What have you seen are the top mistakes homebuyers make? How can they avoid them?
- Make sure you can afford your loan.
- Visit the home that you’d like to buy several times a day.
- Make sure your team is listening to your needs and working for you.
- Do not waive your inspection, because it’ll ensure that you are not buying junk
What could help first time home buyers save money?
- Save money for your home. Add a photo of your home to your fridge and visualize that it is yours. That will help you save money for it.
Is there anything we can do for you?
- Tell as many people as you can about the great services that we offer for free
- Website: http://www.centerinthepark.org
- Facebook group: https://www.facebook.com/CenterInThePark/
- Phone: 215.848.7722
1) Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for Free.
2) Go through the most comprehensive How To Buy A House Checklist to make sure you buy your home with confidence without ever missing a step!