Mikki Ramey is the broker and owner of Healthy Realty, based in Charleston where she has served for over 12 years. She started her business by helping first-time homebuyers who were medical students or medical residents.
Top Tips for Buying a Home
What is your biggest piece of advice you can give to someone trying to buy their first home now
- As a first time home buyer, buy the house that will resell, because you will sell in the future.
What have you seen are the top mistakes homebuyers make? How can they avoid them?
- Not being prepared
What are your top tips to win a bidding war in a competitive market?
- 1. Save money for your down payment and for your closing costs
- 2. get pre-approved from a lender
- 3. write a letter about yourself and what you love about the home
How can first time home buyers choose the best professionals to work with?
- 1. Check their online reviews in Zillow and Google
- 2. ask for referrals
- 3. interview several agents to make sure you find a great fit for you
Is there anything we can do for you?
- If you are looking for an agent in the Charleston area, let’s connect
- Also if you are a realtor in the area, I am building a great team, so let’s connect as well!
Awesome Resources For First Time Home Buyers
- Visit our Resources For First Time Home Buyers page to help buy your home with confidence and save time and money.
- Educate and empower yourself with our awesome How To Buy A House Checklist.
- Save time with our Property Aggregator, because we help you keep all your favorite homes in one place and collaborate with others in your home search.