Travis Watts is a full-time real estate investor who has been investing in real estate since 2009. Travis now dedicates his time to educate others in the world of investing and has made it his mission to share passive investment strategies in order to help others achieve and maintain wealth in real estate.
Do you want to learn how to buy a house? Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for free.
Top Tips for Buying a Home
What is your biggest piece of advice you can give to someone trying to buy their first home now
- Run the numbers because you make your profit at purchase. Be ok with the worst-case scenario too, like the 2007 property crash where properties fell a lot in value.
What have you seen are the top mistakes homebuyers make? How can they avoid them?
- Don’t be in a hurry, take time and see properties for 3-6 months before you buy because the best deals will start showing up after some time.
- Also don’t buy out of emotion, run your numbers before.
What could help first time home buyers save time?
- Get educated as early as you can. Speak with several real estate agents and explain them your wants.
What could help first time home buyers save money?
- House Hack!! Buy your first home and rent out the rooms that you don’t use.
- Also look for first time home buyer grants and other government stimulus that can help you buy your home
- Look at foreclosure or HUD properties
- Take advantage of low downpayment mortgages like FHA loans and VA loans
How can first time home buyers choose the best professionals to work with?
- Understand your goals and type of property you’d like to buy and then find professionals specialized in that area.
Is there anything we can do for you?
- If you are an accredited investor and are interested in real estate syndicate investing, get in touch with me.
- Also you can connect with me if you are looking to buy a single family home.
1) Join our 10-Day Home Buying Course, delivered every morning in your inbox for Free.
2) Go through the most comprehensive How To Buy A House Checklist to make sure you buy your home with confidence without ever missing a step!